Andy Warhol (August 6, 1928 — February 22, 1987) was an American artist associated with the definition of Pop Art. He was a painter, an avant-garde filmmaker, a commercial illustrator, music industry producer, writer and celebrity. Other artists of the Pop Era include: Lichtenstein, Blake, Ramos.
LIKE WARHOL? CHECK OUT THESE HOT EMERGING ARTISTS
If you like Andy Warhol but think his astronomic prices might have become be a tad steep you might find solace in knowing there are some younger artists following his trail who have received great response by public and media alike and are showing great signs.
1. VAN DONNA
- Van Donna = Van Gogh + Madonna. Both are the artist’s personal heroes and inspiration.
- An active philanthropist, the artist was selected to donate an original painting sold at the Terrence Higgins Trust annual charitable auction.
- She saw her debut at auctions in Christies’s London successfully selling an original paintings for several thousands of pounds.
- A selection of her artworks was added to the permanent collection of the Faberge Museum in St. Petersburg and the Freud Museum in London. Van Donna’s works have been exhibited in sold-out shows in NYC, Dubai and Riyadh in the show “Riyadh Underground” created by members of the Saudi Royal Family.
- Van Donna counts in celebrity fans like Ringo Starr who picked “All You Need Is Love” as his favourite of her artworks. Top Warhol, Banksy Rothko collectors, global top 500 CEO’s, Royal Families and Heads Of State as well as many celebrities are adding Van Donna artworks to their collections.
- British artist Van Donna recently made the news after the Daily Mail reported that Prince Harry added her diptych ‘Everybody Needs Somebody To Love’ to his own collection, presumably as a love gift for his now bride-to-be Meghan Markle.
Van Donna has so far enjoyed massive press coverage by People, Architectural Digest, Vogue, Grazia, Daily Mail, Cosmopolitan, Insider, Refinery 29, Harper’s Bazaar, Express, Hello!, Mirror, Glamour, Metro, Conde Nast Traveler, Artnet, Yahoo!, IBT, OK!, 9 Honey, Pop Sugar, MSN, 93.7FM, Female First, Whimn, Kiis 101.1, Daily Star, Brides, Bustle and the list goes on…
RECOMMENDED ARTWORKS BY VAN DONNA:
- The creator of the “GoodFellas” spoof piece – a true smash and irresistibly relevant – E$COBAR’s tag name comes from Pablo Escobar, antihero of the Netflix smash series Narcos.
- His artworks explore the Western world’s culture, its values and its contradictions appealing to the Western, Middle Eastern and Eastern cultures at the same time.
- Global top 500 CEO’s, Royal Families, Heads Of State as well as many celebrities, football players and TV personalities are adding his works to their collections.
- E$COBAR has been featured in sold-out shows in London, NY, Dubai and Riyadh, sold pieces at auctions and had a dedicated one night event at London’s top night club Maddox.
RECOMMENDED ARTWORKS BY E$COBAR:
Dubbed “The female Banksy”, street artist Bambi, whose fans range from Robbie Williams to Rihanna, reveals the importance of social issues and feminism to her work – but offers few hints as to her identity.
Her work decorates the streets and underpasses of north London, as well as the homes of everyone from Kanye West and Rihanna to Robbie Williams and Adele, but – like her male counterpart Banksy – Britain’s best-known female street artist has gone to great lengths to preserve her anonymity…